Monday, August 2, 2010

One last day trip of the summer...

My friend Jenn and I went to Santa Cruz and Capitola - the weather couldn't have been more perfect! I did forget my camera, however...sadness! :( Jenn took a bunch of pictures will I shall post later ... we saw some strange and very "LOL" things/people today! I was able to take a few pictures with my cell phone - definitely not the same quality, but I wanted to post. :)

First, we went to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk - it was Jenn's first time! I HAD to take a picture of these donuts - called Texas Donuts. Have you EVER seen such huge donuts?! It made me sick to look at them! No. I didn't eat one. Bleh. lol



How about this house? Reminds me of Mary Engelbreight - So cute! It's in Capitola - I love this lil town. It's definitely a bit of a beach town...quirky little shops, but it's cute to walk around in. Also saw some lifeguard classes/training for kids - cute idea! We enjoyed watching them "train"...



And last but not least ... in front of this adorable house pictured above was this "flower" - or plant. Which is it?! Can ANY of you tell me what it is? I love it!



I love day trips. :) Thankful for a restful summer ... definitely working at school tomorrow to start preparing...

2 comments:

  1. The M.E. house is SOOoooo cute. I think I'd fit in that just right...(said Goldilocks).
    The plant...that is a type of cactus - I have always called it 'hens 'n chicks' because it multiplies with little 'baby' ones.
    Texas donuts...ewww...well, dad would have probably eaten one ;) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. A type of cactus? Interesting! I thought it was SO neat! Hmmmm :)
    Yes, I know dad would've eaten one - cuz he's always there for the food...hehe I'll have to admit - it just looked gross to me! Bleh!

    ReplyDelete