Sunday, July 18, 2010

Birthday, Boo-Boo, Back Home!

First of all, I must wish my dearest mother, Leesa, Happy Birthday! She's the best friend I could ever ask for and she's all mine. :) I wish we could be together on your birthday, but know that I am there in spirit. Love you, mom!



I've taken a whole week off blogging...I was at Ironwood Christian Camp in Newberry Springs - aka: The very, hot, and even humid desert. Mojave Desert, to be exact. I took some kids from my school to camp for the week - they had a blast! Check. That was the most important item on the list! These kids had never been to this camp before, let alone the desert. The first 2 hrs. into our trip, one of the girls says, "Are we in the desert yet?" Mind you, it was a 7 hr. drive! I told her she would definitely know once we got there. :) Sure enough, it came and we had ourselves quite an adventure. One I didn't ask for...



I printed off Mapquest directions and had my "trusty" GPS (Carmin, is here name) with me. We were so close. 20 minutes close, in fact, when I decided to follow Carmin instead of Mapquest. Big.Mistake. I thought I'd recognized a road name on my GPS and followed it...well...needless to say, we went off-roading. In a Ford Expedition. It WAS fun, but the pressure of getting the kids to camp on time was all I could handle! We went about 15 minutes driving down unpaved, dirt "roads". Why I went 15 minutes, I have NO idea, but the kids had great fun "exploring" the desert. It only started to get uncomfortable when one of the girls had to use the bathroom...that was my clue to turn around and get back on track. :) Thankfully we found our way back - even after two turns on these "roads" - I thought for sure I would NEVER get back to the paved roads, but God was good to lead me back. Goodness knows I have NO sense of direction (those of you who know me personally, know this to be true) - so I know it was the Lord helping me to find my way back. I'm thankful for His protection!






The week of camp was good - 3 different camps going on at once...jr camp, jr. high camp, and high school camp. I spent most of my time with the jr. high camp and was really impressed with the staff's teaching the kids to really think God's Word. Gave practical tools to help understand and study God's Word and I was encouraged in my study as well.



Thursday was my most eventful day. I wish I had something better to say other than, "I fell on a stair", but that's it! A lot of the stairs are wooden and tons of sand built up around...somehow I misjudged a step and fell straight down to the ground leaving a nasty, baseball size lump on the side of my foot. *sigh* It's pretty swollen and starting to bruise as of today...hoping that I'll be as good as new by next weekend.


Glad to be HOME and looking forward to accomplishing things this week. A verse the Lord challenged my by from His Word this week as I was studying for Sunday School is in John 8:29. Jesus is talking about being sent to earth to and He says, "...I always do those things that please Him." I'm praying that my week is a week that pleases Him. Can you say, "I always do what pleases Him"? Maybe that can be your hearts desire this week too.

3 comments:

  1. So nice to have you back. There wasn't nearly as much laughing as when you are here:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo -- that ankle looks bad -- I hope it's better!

    ReplyDelete