Saturday, July 10, 2010

San Fran LOL's

It's Saturday. It's Summer. I can't think of anything more fun - okay, maybe I can - but this is a fun I love ~ San Francisco! I'd never been to the Farmer's Market at Embarcadero - something I've been dying to do. At 8:48 a.m. Lexie and I headed out not knowing we wouldn't be back home until 6:52 p.m. :) Too many LOL's happened...I couldn't even keep track! And, might I add, I didn't want to keep track of some of them. :-O We walked from Embarcadero to past Pier 41 today - great walk and God gave us some beautiful weather! As we were passing by Pier 23, we saw this funny bike - we think the owners must "own" it since it was there as we walked back later in the day...

We ate at Rainforrest Cafe as I had an amazing coupon that needed to be used up before August! What a treat! Have you ever seen those bikes that have a cart behind it? They had tons of them out today. A "tour guide" (of sorts) can take up to 2 people in the cart behind his bike and "bike" you to a destination - such as Pier 39, or Ghiradelli Square, etc. My first year living in California, I hopped on one with my roommate at the time, Kristina. We just laughed and laughed - cars in very crammed traffic were moving faster than the poor Italian boy biking us up the hill to the Ghiradelli Square ... ohhhh what an experience! Lexie decided she didn't want a ride today. :) We did, however, see a couple that took a ride. Only this guy was different than some of the ones I've seen...do you see what his shirt says? It made me laugh...



PEDICAB! LOL That's definitely what it was, too! A cab by foot of sorts. The couple looked like they enjoyed the ride, though. I think the cowboy hat just makes it all the more interesting. :)

We had a fun day and I'm thankful that the Lord allowed us to enjoy the day in the city. I was also thanking the Lord today for the fact that I live semi-local to such a fun city (most of the time). It's a blessing to me - I know not everyone would agree...not everyone likes cities. But it really is such a fun thing for me. I never would've guessed God would've sent and brought me to California......I'm so glad He did. :)

P.S. One last picture - this was my special "splurge" today - the Arts and Crafts booths were set up around Pier 1. I stopped at a booth - this lady had great photos...and made jewelry with her photos! I couldn't resist this ring...I even waited from morning until afternoon before buying it - thinking about it all the while. So cute - it's a birds nest - hopefully the picture is clear enough. I love it.


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the ring. Good buy! It looks to be one of a kind and it's very cute.

    ReplyDelete